Ben Leedy is a Shareholder in the firm's real estate and business law group. His practice focuses on the areas of commercial real estate acquisitions and dispositions, real estate finance, leasing and real estate development. He frequently advises clients in connection with purchase and sale transactions, office, retail and industrial leases, and secured lending transactions.
Ben has been recognized in Oregon Super Lawyers as a "Rising Star" from 2012 - 2016.
Ben received his undergraduate degree from the University of Portland, where he also played Division I intercollegiate soccer, garnering all-conference honors his senior season. He went on to earn his law degree from Northwestern School of Law of Lewis & Clark College. While at Lewis & Clark, Ben received the Dean's Fellowship for Excellence, he was a Business Law Roundtable Scholar, and he earned a Certificate in General Business Law.
- Represented a real estate investment trust on numerous acquisition transactions, including the purchase of a multi-state portfolio of properties totaling 550,000 square feet for a purchase price of $375 million.
- Represented a regional bank on a deed in lieu of foreclosure transaction involving an $85 million revolving line of credit facility and multiple parcels of collateral.
- Represented a pension fund in connection with several office lease and lease modification transactions.
- Represented an institutional lender on numerous loan modification, workout and deed in lieu of foreclosure transactions.
- Represented a regional real estate company in connection with multiple shopping center lease transactions.
209 SW Oak St
Portland, Oregon 97204
Tel: (503) 227-1600
Fax: (503) 227-6840
Northwestern School of Law, Lewis & Clark College, J.D., cum laude, 2005
University of Portland, B.A., magna cum laude, 2001
Oregon State Bar, 2005
Stoll Berne; Associate, 2012-2016; Shareholder, 2017-present
Samuels Yoelin Kantor LLP; Associate, 2011-2012
Holland & Knight LLP; Associate, 2005-2011
- Oregon State Bar
- Real Estate and Land Use Section, Education Committee, 2012-present
- Urban Land Institute Northwest
- Portland YLG Leadership Team Member, 2012-2013
- Recognized as "Rising Star" in Oregon Super Lawyers, 2012-2016
- Coauthor, Chapter 17 - "Commercial Purchase and Sale Agreements," Oregon Real Estate Deskbook, Oregon State Bar, 2015.
- Easement Issues in Mixed Use Developments," The Seminar Group, Portland, Oregon (February, 2017)
The First Tee of Greater Portland, Board Member, 2008-2013
Willamette United Soccer Club, Volunteer Coach, 2012-present