Andrew I. Davis
Andy Davis concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial real estate and related business transactions including development, investment and finance. He advises clients in a wide range of transactions and matters, including the purchase and sale, development, investment, leasing, financing, management and ownership of commercial properties. He has nearly three decades of professional experience in commercial real estate, including six years before law school in real estate brokerage and development.
Andy's practice involves office, retail, industrial, multi-family, investment and corporate properties. He represents private and institutional real estate companies, large and small corporations, investors, advisors, developers and owners of commercial real estate, among others.
In addition to the above, Andy has made a number of presentations about real estate issues to both legal and real estate professional groups. He has also authored various publications for the Oregon State Bar to assist other lawyers in their real estate practice.
Represented international corporation in the acquisition, development and structured lease financing of its North America corporate office headquarters.
Represented private developer in the acquisition, development and financing of multiple mixed-use development projects.
- Represented national developer of industrial properties in multiple transactions, including 462,720 square foot build-to-suit distribution facility for national retailer, 100,100 square foot build-to-suit office/refrigerated warehouse project for beverage distributor, and 60,000 square foot lease for state-of-the-art footwear manufacturing facility.
- Represented international company in numerous transactions, including long-term ground lease for its corporate headquarters, acquisition of 3.2 million square foot manufacturing facility, leasing of multiple regional distribution facilities of 300,000 - 400,000 square feet each, leasing of 150,000 square feet in new Class "A" office building, and acquisition of approximately 400 acres of lakefront property for an office campus.
- Represented private developer in the acquisition, financing and sale of a commercial condominium project in a historic building.
- Represented pension fund advisor in the leasing of 524,000 square foot multi-tenant industrial building.
- Represented national restaurant chain in the purchase or ground lease of approximately 20 retail pad sites.
- Represented private investor in the acquisition, sale and/or financing of numerous multi-family apartment projects.
- Represented regional real estate company and its affiliates in more than 50 real estate loan transactions totaling more than $500 million and secured by commercial properties located throughout the western United States.
- Represented commercial developer in $117 million senior and junior debt financing for land acquisition and construction loan for condominium project.
209 SW Oak St
Portland, Oregon 97204
Tel: (503) 227-1600
Fax: (503) 227-6840
- Northwestern School of Law, Lewis & Clark College, J.D., 1993
- Certificate in Environmental and Natural Resources Law
- Member, Law Review (Environmental Law) 1992-1993
- University of Georgia, B.B.A., Finance, 1984
- U.S. District Courts of Oregon
- U.S. District Courts of Western Washington
- Stoll Berne; shareholder, 2011-present
- Stoel Rives; associate, 1999-2003; partner 2004-2011
- Bogle & Gates PLLC; attorney, 1996-1999
- Langabeer, Tull & Cuillier, PS; attorney, 1994-1996
- US Department of Justice, US Attorney's Office (District of Oregon); law clerk, 1991-1993
- Oregon State Bar
- Real Estate and Land Use Section, Member
- Real Estate Legislative Committee, Member
- Washington State Bar
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Section, Member
- American Bar Association
- Real Property, Trust & Estate, Member
- Commercial Association of Realtors, Associate Member
- NAIOP, Associate Member
- Public Affairs Committee Member
- Government Outreach Program Subcommittee, Former Chair
- Bus Tour Committee, Former Member
- Co-editor, Oregon Real Estate Deskbook (Volumes 1-5), Oregon State Bar, 2015
- Co-author, "Commercial Purchase and Sale Agreements," Chapter 17, Oregon Real Estate Deskbook, Oregon State Bar, 2015
- Sidebar author, "A Green Lease for Sustainable Building Retrofits," Retrofitting Office Buildings to be Green and Energy Efficient, Urban Land Institute, 2009
- Co-editor, "Documentation of Real Estate Transactions," Oregon State Bar, 2008
- Author, "Purchase and Sale Agreements," Chapter 2, Documentation of Real Estate Transactions, Oregon State Bar, 2008
- Co-author, "Contract of Sale," Chapter 5, Documentation of Real Estate Transactions, Oregon State Bar, 2001
- Co-author, "Real Property," Chapter 18, 2001 Oregon Legislation Highlights, Oregon State Bar, 2001
- Judicial Review of Environmental Compliance Orders, 24 Envtl. L. 189, 1994
- REPRESENTATIVE PRESENTATIONS AND SEMINARS:
- "Transaction Highlights - Daimler Trucks Corporate Headquarters," Corenet, Portland, Oregon, November 3, 2016
- "Top Leasing Issues," NAI Global Webinar, Portland, Oregon, October 28, 2008
- "Dual Agency," Grubb & Ellis, Portland, Oregon, July 9, 2008
- "Real Estate Hot Topics," BOMA, Portland, Oregon, July 10, 2007
- "Lost in Translation - Negotiating Loan Document Provisions, " Oregon State Bar, Business Law Section, Financial Institutions/Commercial Finance Subcommittee, CLE, Portland, Oregon, April 14, 2004
- "Tips for Drafting a Letter of Intent," CB Richard Ellis, Portland, Oregon, February 18, 2004
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Oregon and Southwest Washington, Former Board Member (2010-2015)
- Kells Football Club, Board Member
- Portland Affordable Housing Preservation Trust, Former Board Member
- SMART program, Former participant
- Oregon Food Bank, Former volunteer