Intellectual Property Cases
STOLL BERNE has handled numerous cases involving intellectual property. The law regarding intellectual property is designed to protect the property created by intellect, such as designs, inventions, patents, copyright and trade dress. Examples include:
- Represented patentee in infringement litigation involving patented electronic cord reel management and security system for retail displays, such as digital cameras. Obtained summary judgment of infringement. Case settled one week prior to trial, with consent judgment and stipulated permanent injunction against further infringement.
- Secured two multi-million dollar cash settlements in Lanham Act lawsuits for trade dress/trademark infringement and false advertising.
- Won a $1.2 million jury verdict in patent infringement case for college application service provider.
- Obtained summary judgment of infringement for inventor of "short magnum" rifles and ammunition.
- Represented Oregon manufacturer/patentee in infringement litigation relating to patented "spring-assisted" folding knives.
- Successful arbitration of international trade secrets dispute involving proprietary airplane technology.
- Successfully defended major high tech corporations and their engineers in trade secret cases.
- Negotiated numerous patent licenses.